Scuba Diving In Pattaya
The Far Islands of Pattaya
These consist of three islands roughly 15 km off Pattaya. These islands are the better dive sites around Pattaya. It takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get to them, but they are worth the journey. The Thai word for "island" is "Koh"
- Koh Rin North Rock is arguably the best dive site in Pattaya. It has lots of rock formations that are homes to eels and sharks. This site has good diving down to about 20 metres and is superb for searching for razor fish and pipefish. There are some beautiful fuorescent coloured corals to be seen here.
- Koh Rin Bay is part of the main island and this dive site goes down to a depth of about 17 metres. It is well sheltered from currents and can make a nice relaxing dive. There are some nice corals here and a myriad of reef fish.
- Koh Man Wichai offers two diving sites. One is The Wall and the other is The Fingers, which is a set of rocks that stretches out from land to sea to a depth of 12 metres. The rocks are formed like a gigantic hand with five fingers. The hard coral and fish life are very good.
- Koh Phai, also known as Bamboo Island, is controlled by the Thai Royal Navy. There are restrictions on the use of the beaches, which means that it is not visited by droves of tourist boats and jet-skis. There is some good diving off the south of the island and the small sheltered bay is ideal for beginners.
- The main attraction for Pattaya diving is the Khram Wreck. This is a decommissioned US warship that was sunk in 2003 by the Thai Royal Navy. For details about the Khram and other wreck diving, please click here.
The Near Islands of Pattaya
There are three islands that are approximately 40 minutes boat journey from Bali Hai Pier in Pattaya. Koh Larn, Koh Sak and Koh Krok are Pattaya's nearest islands for beach activities, snorkelling and scuba diving. Due to their proximity to Pattaya, they are visited by lots of tourists and locals and are poplular for jet-skis and speedboats. The largest and most visited of the Pattaya near islands is Koh Larn - also know as Coral Island.
- Koh Larn offers all year round pattaya diving, with good protection from strong currents and winds when we are unable to get to the far islands. The visibility ranges between 5m and 15m. The average depth is 7m and the maximum depth is about 15m. Hadt Nuan has some nice corals in shallow water, which is ideal for snorkellers and newbie scuba divers in Pattaya.
- Koh Sak used to be the most dived site by many of Pattaya’s scuba diving shops because it is a good site to teach beginners of diving. Although, we tend to avoid diving in the bay nowadays due to the site being popular with sppedboats and jet-skis. Divers can often see turtles as well as other marine life.
- Koh Krok is the nearest island to Pattaya. Visibility can range from 5m to 15m with the maximum depth being about 12m. This site is great for drift diving when the currents and tides allow. There is always a good chance of seeing Hawksbills Turtles at this dive site.
***PLEASE NOTE: The weather conditions along with other factors determine which dive site in Pattaya we go to. We cannot always guarantee visiting a particular dive site, however, we will endeavor to take you to the best dive site that is suitable for you. ***
>>>CLICK HERE TO BOOK YOUR DIVE TRIP IN PATTAYA<<<